Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Chicago for a Day!?

Southwest Airlines is the only airline I fly if I have a choice in the matter. It's cheap, they have an amazing rewards program, they still let you check two bags for free and their flight attendants are hilarious. Case in point: "if you press the little light bulb button above your seat, it will turn the light on; if you press the little flight attendant button, it will not turn us on."


The other day while checking my email, I saw that they were having a sale. Typically, their cheapest fares from Boston are $69 each way to Baltimore. I'll probably take them up on this offer at some point. However, I was shocked when I saw $41 flights to Chicago. If you click on the "flexible dates" calendar, you may even happen across a flight that's cheaper than those the sale is advertising. Everyone should definitely check this sale out. They have a lot of flights on sale if you book by 10/8/15 for travel between 10/13/15 and 3/9/16.

I didn't want to spend more money on travel since I just got back from New Orleans but this deal was too good to pass up, especially considering I had enough airline rewards points to cover the fares for both Drew and myself. Still....I didn't want to spend money on a hotel; oh the dilemma.

That's when I got one of my crazy ideas....why don't we just go for the day!? We can get some deep dish pizza, do a little sightseeing and have the rest of the weekend to recuperate. I'll keep you all updated after my short little trip later in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment