Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New Orleans Day 4: The Big Easy-to-Leave?

As soon as I stepped off the plane in New Orleans and got a whiff of something gross, I didn't think I was going to enjoy the trip. However now that it was the last day, I was sad to leave the city behind.

For our last meal, we decided to have lunch at Cochon Butcher. I've heard a lot of good things about Cochon but frankly, Emeril's looked better and I have a tendency to overspend on food while on vacation so I opted for its cheaper outpost.

 

I ordered the BBQ pork sandwich and a cherry limeade. Drew and I shared house chips and a side of mac-n-cheese. Everything was very good; but was it anything I haven't had before? Not really.

After lunch, we had some time to kill so we stopped at the Riverwalk Outlets. I had never been to an enclosed outlet mall before. Interesting. It was nothing special other than the pretty view of the Mississippi River from outside the cafeteria. It definitely didn't beat the breathtaking view from the plane ride home though.



Au revoir New Orleans....until next time? We'll see but there are still a ton of other places I want to visit first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment