Friday, October 2, 2015

Fall Food Faves

A few weeks ago when it was 90 degrees out, I was looking forward to the fall. Now that it's freezing out, I have no idea why. Other than the food that is. Here is a list of my favorite fall retail food products. I'll admit, it's a cold Friday night and frankly I'd rather be eating my Bertolli soup than taking photographs so I kind of took these photos from the vendors' websites. I'm not entirely sure whether or not that was legal but please don't sue me, my favorite brands!?


Stonewall Kitchen Coconut Curry Simmering Sauce
I love Indian food and coconut but don’t always like coconut based sauces, especially ones that have that coconut water taste to them. That being said, I was a bit skeptical when Drew brought this home for the first time. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and it’s the only brand of Indian curries that Drew will buy or use despite the fact they’re a little pricey. In my opinion, they’re totally worth it and this is our favorite. It’s perfect on a  cold night with chicken, basmati rice and garlic naan. 

 

Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix
I’m a huge pumpkin fan but getting a littttle sick of it considering there’s a pumpkin spice everything out there now. However, pumpkin waffles are one thing I can’t wait to have this fall and this is without a doubt the best mix. I’m thinking I may even purchase a pumpkin spice syrup to go along with them. I saw one in Crate & Barrel the other day. 

  

William Sonoma’s Parmesan Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
I was in Williams Sonoma a few years ago when they were cooking with their pumpkin pasta sauce. The sample I had was so delicious I had to ask how to make the recipe. It was a pasta and chicken bake with pan fried chicken in garlic & herb olive oil, mixed with pasta shells and globs of ricotta cheese. I bought the sauce at full price (which is rare for me) and made it a few nights later. Drew told me it was the best thing I’ve ever cooked and he’s not even a huge fan of pumpkin. Last year, Stop & Shop came out with their own Pumpkin Pasta sauce which wasn’t quite as good but it was decent and at 2/$5, it’s much more economical than the $16.95 that Williams Sonoma charges. 


Bertolli Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken Meal Soup
This is my absolute favorite frozen meal. It’s perfect for a cold Sunday night along with a slice of freshly baked Italian bread when all you want to do is relax before the upcoming work week. We’ve tried to make similar soups from scratch but none of them came out quite as good.


DownEast Cider House’s Original Cider
Ok so this one technically isn't a food, but can you blame me!? This past weekend, I took a tour of DownEast Cider house with some friends for one of their birthdays. It was it the middle of nowhere in East Boston, yet the place was packed. During the tour, we tried several flavors but I liked the original the best; so much so, that I went out and bought some from the local liquor store today. I can’t wait to have some during the next Patriot’s game.

5 comments:

  1. I just posted a long comment ,this is Pam, praising your writing and ideas, why didn't it post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh forgot to press publish,...your writing is excellent, don't change a thing. I love some of the food ideas. Curry and coconut, great combination. I'm going to look for the Bertolli frozen meal. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to publish. I love your blog. I got some good food ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you :) Let me know what you think of the bertolli soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda and I took that tour too, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete